Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sticky Buns Craft

Look so good you could eat them ,but they are fake. From Hjvagar at HGTV

They are not my original idea says Hjvagar but as usual, I can't remember who originally posted this idea. I do have the directions saved and here is my version of them: I cut a 15 to 18 inch long strip of muslin - 5 inches wide (or smaller if you want a smaller bun) - I make all different sizes. Fold in half (so your strip is about 2 1/2 inches wide. Sew a narrow seam, and one end closed. Turn right side out. I soaked mine in strong tea (you can also use coffee), and rubbed with cinnamon when they were still damp. When they were dry - I lightly stuffed them with fiberfill - don't overstuff. Then I took my glue gun and glued the ends shut and then folded and glued one corner down so it came to a point on the end.I did this to both ends. Then just start gluing and rolling from one side. Watch as you go along to make sure the seam is on the inside and not showing. When I got to the end I put some glue on and you can either hold it til it sets up or take a small clip and put that on til it sets. Once it's dry, I take dimensional white paint and just drizzle it on starting with the middle and when I hit towards the sides I let a little drizzle down. As soon as you are done with the paint grab your cinnamon and just dust some on top.

No comments: